Sunday, May 8, 2011

Review Site Idea

Most review sites are lame. The major one that I have frequented recently has been Product Reviews which is okay, but makes things a little messy for when people just want a summary of the product. I found I had to read 40-odd reviews to get an idea on some product where a simple summary could have sufficed.

If I had to design a review site I would also make sure that I do that silly star rating thing. It's so subjective that it really bears no main bearing on knowing whether a product is fit for my needs or not.

A simpler approach would simply be to ask one question and to have three possible answers:
  • I would purchase this product/service again

  • I would probably buy this item again, but would shop around some more for other alternatives first

  • I would never buy this product/service again


    • Apart from three buttons like the above I'd then have a pro and con box so users can detail specifics.

      New users to the review site would then get a summary of all the votes that had come in, being the % break down of people that would buy again (etc) and an itemised list of the positives and negatives of the product from the most common elements written in the pro and con boxes.

      Hmm, I'd have to see if I can design such a site!

No comments:

Post a Comment